So I ended up missing a day :(. Sometimes life just gets too busy to keep up with things.
Not to be controversial or anything, but I was realizing how much thanksgiving has become about over indulgence. I don’t know how many people are really even taking the time to be grateful for anything, but are just enjoying the rich foods.
I think part of it may come from the fact that people so easily eat home cooked meals or desserts. I would like to turn thanksgiving back into a day of thanks and eat well but not pig out. I think I’ll try to cook more home meals so that holidays aren’t the only days I eat food.
I’m grateful for:
- Generosity of my sister.
- The Kindness of the Davis family.
- My mom’s cooking.
- Friendship with siblings
- Card games.
- Computer games.
- Remembering thanksgiving is not just about food.
- A house to live in.
- Eyes that I can see with.
- Healthy teeth.
- Paid vacation days.
- Being willing to try things.
- Seeing the world with a different perpective.
- Not shopping on Black Friday.
- Becoming more organized.
- Quiet holidays.
- Being able to help my sister
- Being the one my sister comes to when she’s having a hard time.
- Having money to heat my house
- Time spent with happy friends.
- Having places to go on holidays.
- People to learn from.